Have you got a great shared value story to share?
Apply now to become a Storyteller at the 2019 Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific.
Share your insight and unique shared value story with Summit attendees and the growing Asia-Pacific shared value community.
We are challenging applicants this year to be creative and consider a short digital story that captures the essence of your shared value initiative. It should be brief (2-4 mins) and clearly demonstrate the business and social impacts of the program, whilst at the same time engage the Summit audience with creative content.
Shared value is defined as policies and practices that enhance the competitiveness of companies while improving social and environmental conditions in the regions where they operate. It is a business strategy focused on companies creating measurable economic benefit by identifying and addressing social problems that intersect with their business. To qualify as shared value, there must be an identifiable economic benefit to the company as well as measurable impact on a social or environmental issue.
The shared value concept was defined in ‘Creating Shared Value’, an article by Prof Michael Porter and Mark Kramer in the Harvard Business Review (January/February 2011). The framework creates new opportunities for companies, civil society organisations, and governments to leverage the power of market-based competition in addressing social problems, and has grown rapidly from a global idea to a form of business practising at its best, adopted by leading global and Australasian companies. Please click here for further information.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR STORY A STANDOUT
- Deliver a unique story of shared value in a concise inventive format.
- Provide new perspectives on shared value from the field.
- Highlight a new initiative that has introduced products or services, reconfigured value chains, or enhanced the local operating environment in ways that simultaneously meet social needs and advance business objectives.
- Highlight clear social and business value, either realised or projected.
- Illustrate how shared value can be applied and scaled to address a specific social issue.
- Demonstrate how this shared value initiative is transforming a specific function within a company.
INFORMATION FOR YOUR STORYTELLER APPLICATION
- Applicants must officially represent a company or organisation working on a shared value initiative or program.
- One digital submission per application (no panels or groups).
- Be creative and don’t be afraid of using an innovative format.
- A storyboard or concept would be acceptable as an initial submission.
- Shortlisted applicants may be asked to develop their digital concept with the #SVSummitAPAC team in the months leading up to the event.
- If selected as a storyteller you will receive one complimentary pass to attend the 2019 Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific.
- Applications may be adapted as a resource for the Shared Value Project and Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific website.
A video presentation (2-4 minutes in length and our preferred format)
Whilst the digital content can be produced on a smartphone or tablet, the final product needs to be of high quality.
Specs for screening video presentation
- Video, PAL format. Content should be provided on USB stick, non-returnable.
- Content delivery, high definition (1920 x 1080 OR 1280 x 720) MP4 / M4V / H.264 in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Audio must be levelled across all video supplied – media will not be independently levelled.
The Storytellers sessions will provide attendees with a succinct and compelling overview of shared value in action. Your film should capture the key details of your shared value initiative and its business and social impacts.
Applications close COB Tuesday 30 April.
For more information please contact Taylah Brendish email@example.com